As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Research Technician works in collaboration with others in the development of new processes from concept through transfer of the process to a production environment. The Research Technician will also aid in improving existing processes. This position will primarily involve executing research and development experiments and summarizing the data from those experiments.
High level summary of accountabilities include:
- • Work as a cohesive part of the research and development team.
- • Conduct experiments, accurately following protocols and test plans provided or through own design.
- • Perform a variety of biological experiments in a timely manner both with groups and individually.
- • Conduct bench level experiments with ability to critically think and troubleshoot issues.
- • Set up, operate, and monitor semi-automated instruments and notify appropriate personnel of any issues.
- • Properly handle biological samples.
- • Familiar with laboratory techniques and instrumentation and follow established safety regulations.
- • Effectively communicate experimental results in both informal and formal meetings.
- • Maintain accurate and specific experimental records and perform data analysis on results.
- • Promote and maintain clean, organized work areas, including cleaning and maintaining laboratory supplies.
- • Display willingness to perform non-routine tasks as needed to ensure overall productivity is high.
- • Consistently contribute and communicate more efficient and productive ways to handle tasks within the lab.
The successful candidate will have:
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Physical, Life or Biological Sciences with 0-2 years of experience; or an Associate’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience
- • Background in cellular biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or physiology is preferred.
- • Experience in a laboratory is preferred.
- • Ability to flex working hours to meet project targets and goals.
- • Experience in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
What Can We Offer You?
At Stemell®, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged. If you are interested in playing a key role for one of the most innovative and highly regarded companies in our industry, this is the business for you.