Stemell, Inc. is a professional organization dedicated to leadership, education, service, research, manufacturing, and integrity involving practices when interacting with medical professionals, clinics, bio-therapeutics centers, and the public.
All members of Stemell, Inc. pledge to adhere to the following codes, principles, and good-faith practices:
• We strongly support voluntary tissue and blood donation and informed choice. We offer public education on the benefits of allograft and autograft quality products. We provide information regarding donation and transplantation options. We respect the decisions of donors and donor families.
• As stewards of the gifts of allograft transplants and their therapeutic purposes, we are responsible for acting in accordance with the wishes of medical professionals.
• We cooperate with colleagues to assure a coordinated approach in seeking and verifying documents of authorization and obtaining information necessary to screen all potential donors.
• We honor and treat with respect the gifts of donated human tissue and strive to optimize use in order to save lives and improve the quality of life for patients who require transplants.
• We protect the confidentiality of donors, donor families, and recipients by releasing information only with proper authorization or as required to support public safety or legal obligations.
• We provide information to the FDA or any appropriate agency about how donors’ gifts were used by tracing medical professionals who use our products for the benefit of their patients.
• We strive to provide and maintain the highest quality of service and products in accordance with current scientific knowledge, established standards of care, and advancing technologies.
• We share knowledge and advances that may improve the quality, safety, and effectiveness of our allograft and autograft products.
• We act with the highest level of integrity and are committed to fair, just, equitable, and legal standards of behavior in all relations with donors, medical professionals, transplant recipients, and other members of the tissue and stem cell community.
• We promote our products and services in a manner that honors each donor and the donor’s bereaved family members and respects the gift of human tissue.
• To maintain public confidence in tissue banking, stem cell technology, and allograft transplants, we ensure that our relationships with healthcare professionals and our business partnerships are structured to reflect these values and the altruism on which donation is founded.
• We respond in times of need to help meet shortages of transplant allografts.
• We promote and move toward AATB, FDA tissue establishment and California public health and relations and HIPAA, good laboratory practice(s), good tissue practice(s), and good manufacturing practice(s) standards, accreditation, and certification of personnel.
All members of Stemell, Inc. pledge to adhere to the following ethical principles:
• Recover cells and tissues in a manner that respects the expectation of how they will be used.
• Provide tissue forms that meet the medical needs of patients and clinicians with reimbursement for services that reflects the cost of providing finished tissue allografts that are safe and of high quality.
• Treat, deliver, and distribute allografts in ways that maximize usefulness to medical professionals and the patient community.
• Avoid distributing cells in a discriminatory manner.
• Seek the cooperation of healthcare professionals in transplant and recovery activities in a manner that will not diminish public confidence in transplants and stem cell technology.
All members of Stemell, Inc. pledge to adhere to the following good-faith practices when advertising services:
• Consider carefully the public perception of the advertisement and avoid terms that cheapen the concept of the “gift of life.”
• Consider the impact of the advertisement on public confidence in tissue banking, allograft, and autograft transplant.
• Be truthful, provide accurate information, and avoid unfounded or misleading statements.
• Utilize the code of ethics of Stemell, Inc. as a guideline, where appropriate.
• Emphasize community support for, and avoid advertisements that undermine community support of, tissue donation, allograft transplant, and stem cell technology in general.